Note (Edit, 3/18/2006):
I just noticed from a spike in my web stats today that a mass mailing went out to what looks like a group called "light house trails". I feel sad and somewhat frustrated that the 'marketing' of that post seems to dramatize and (intentionally?) misrepresent the issue, but I know I have fallen to the same temptation myself, so I can't get too upset. However, to those of you visiting this site and listening to the interview with 'heresy hunting' pre-motives, I ask that you please:
- Start with an open and thoughtful mind, as well as a humble and loving spirit. As mentioned in the interview, their are ~35,000 christian denominations --its really time to start humbly listening and learning from each other.
- Try to let God's "perfect love" cast out all fear, for fear is the root that gets us all divided and judging each other. A deep trust in God's perfect and unconditional love is the only way out.
- Check out a conversation like this one, in which both christians with more conservative and liberal views have been talking about the same "false advertising" quote and having a mostly respectful dialogue.
- Despite what I said in the blog of the first interview, I'd encourage you to start from the beginning.
Here's the second half of the interview with Brian. This half we continue the hell-busting, as well as consider question like:
- Is Christian exclusivism unavoidable with a high view of Jesus?
- Why is evil evil?
- Does an after-life focused theology contribute to earthly injustice?
- How can someone like myself start to trust/believe things about God again when so many beliefs seems to continue changing?
- Do our human concepts of God innately become idols?
- How many people really feel God's presence daily? What to do if its a "dark night of the soul"
Call toll free, 1-888-654-2278 (65-gcast). Then enter the number 321-321-4321 (pause for code)-4321. Leave your message and then in about 5 minutes it will be live --check the Gcast widget to your right for other comments from me and other listeners.
Brian Mclaren, Interview, Spirituality, Emergent, Hell, Christian Exclusivism, Jesus, God, Universalism, Theology, Eschatology, Soteriology, Hermeneutics, Marcus Borg, Churchianity, Doubt, Hope,