Edit: I suggest that those of you who are limited on time, or who want to jump into the best of the interview --skip this first one and listen to #2.
In this show we talk about:
- Criticism Brian has received since writing A Generous Orthodoxy and The Last Word... and how to respond 'in purple' fashion.
- What to make of the violent imagery Jesus occasionally makes use of in the NT (ie Mt 24:51)
- The importance of having an hermeneutic of love
- Fear and the toxic doctrine of hell
- If hell is true, is the meaning of the cross false advertising?
On your right is the new listener feedback player, and the RSS feed as well.
Some of you may also be interested in the paper I wrote and shared with Brian. Its written as a dialogue between four different positions on topics ranging from divine justice, the nature of scripture, and the meaning of hell. As many of you know, this project was foundational to my coming to the conclusion of truly good news, of the hope of the universal reconciliation of all to God.
Authors & Books mentioned:
- The Coming of the Son of Man, Andrew Perriman
- The Secret message of Jesus, Brian Mclaren
- A Generous Orthodoxy, Brian Mclaren
- The Last Word & the Word after That, Brian Mclaren
- The Last Week, Borg & Crossan
- Gizmo Project (How Brian & I did the interview)
- M-Audio MicroTrack (My new portable recording studio, see below)
- Podcast 411