Friday, December 16, 2005

Break for the holidays

Some announcements and thanks to specific listeners.

Well, it's time I take a break to give my attention to where it should be --family, an upcoming new year, and the meaning of this holiday (which I'm still really trying to figure out). I also need a break to get back to the fun of podcasting. I've gotten off track and become way to obsessed with 'stats' and promoting the site --and I think this has diminished the quality of the show. Sorry bout that, if you agree. I want to get back on track. Fuck it if there are 2 or 2000 of you listening. I mean, nothing personal...you know what I mean. (For the record, it looks like about 100 downloads a week for new shows, 25 same show each week on average after that).

Next podcast probably won't be till mid-January, and will probably be the interview with Brian Mclaren (he gave me the 21st of this month, but Anna knew I'd be too distracted if I tried to do that show during Christmas break, so I've postponed).

Thanks to Bruce Cockburn for being the kind of person I think I can assume would be okay with playing snippets from his music on my podcast--hopefully ya'll go out buy his albums. He's one of the most amazing artists and 'prophets' alive.

Have an wonder-full holiday and a very purple Christmas, and I look forward to being back with you in 2006!

4 comments:

Stefano said...

Hey Leif, I must admit I haven't been listening much to podcasts, yours or anyone elses. Reason? Home renovation, Christmas shopping and hosting some members of my family for the holidays. However, now that the holiday season has come and gone and the new year is upon us the next few weeks I'll devote to catching up with all my favourite podcasts. I'm looking forward in particular to your three part podcast with Ron Stephens. Hang in there and don't worry about the stats, I'm reminded of something my father used to say, "Do what you love and the money will follow." I think it's apropos here as well, "Podcast about what you love and the people will listen!"

bye,

Stefano

Leifh said...

Thanks Stefano,
Yes! That is exactly what I am trying to dail remember --the allure of other distractions make it a daily battle. Thanks for the encouragement and taking time to say something Stefano. Welcome back! (;

(Hope you like the Angels, Aliens, And AI podcasts -they were fun).

Unknown said...

If brother Cockburn calls, please let him know that I purchased two of his albums on iTunes as a result of your podcast. He's one of the very few who slipped through the cracks in my gradual transition from vinyl to digital. I haven't listened to him in years, and sort of conked myself on the forehead when I heard him, a V8 moment.

Leifh said...

Ha! Thanks Jeff....
I've decided to lean a little blue on the copyright issue --I figure if I'm only playing snippets, and giving credits, its going to be good for their business. I think if a podcaster plays a whole song (thus a person could cut it save it), thats crossing the line.

Peace,
-Leif
(Hope you liked the show as well!)